This blog is an online expression of my thoughts, about my country and how my life revolves around her. The dream to live here forever and involve myself to make a change about things which matter to me. My love for motorcycles and touring my country on them. My passion for being in the midst of people who make up our country.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Yamaha is Back - 2

Now, as promised a dedicated post for Yamaha India Motors Limited at the Auto Expo 2008.

What was there: Rx100, RD350, Gladiator Type SS/RS(who cares), YZF R15, YZF R1, MT01, YZ150 and the M1.

What wasnt there: Speculated 250cc.

Lets cut the other bits out and come to the point! The V-Ixion based R5 is here and YMIL has announced they are launching it! Now, if it matches upto its promised 20-22bhp output figures, I am buying the damn thing. This bike is truely modern and the below spec sheet will prove that. Nothing in India can match it in features and technomongerism.

Engine: Liquid cooled, 4 valves.
Transmission: 6 speed
Fuel System: Six hole fuel injection system
Wheelbase: 1290mm
Fuel Tank: 12 litres
Width: 670mm
Length: 1995mm
Height: 1070mm
Ground Clearance: 160mm
Brakes: Front and rear disc brakes
Suspension: Front: Telescopic, Rear: Linked monoshock
Chasis: Twin spar, Deltabox frame.
Tires: Tubeless.

It weighs around 130kgs and with 22bhp this bike would become the fastest Indian production if Yamaha is game! I already own a Yamaha, I know ..may be someday you will too!

Check the bike here

No comments:

About de Archer

My photo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Pictographic evidence of motorcycle travels in India.

eXplore

Google