This blog is an online expression of my thoughts, about my country and how my life revolves around her. The dream to live here forever and involve myself to make a change about things which matter to me. My love for motorcycles and touring my country on them. My passion for being in the midst of people who make up our country.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Live Free or Die?

So, in context with the recent serial blasts in Bangalore and Ahmedabad where scores of inncocent people got killed and many hundreds more who had a lucky escape in Surat, its time for some introspection. Is it just a dangerous time to live or the place we live is turning into a clone of Iraq. So what we have is as the following order:
1) Terrorists striking and killing innocent Indians AT WILL, at home and abroad (Indian embassy in Kabul).
2) This is leading to a belief that the Indian intelligence structure has collapsed or was never prepared to handle 21st century terrorism.
3) Complete military inaction by India against the terrorist outfits, most of them are now operating out of camps in Bangladesh as POK and Pakistan is under increased international scrutiny radar.
4) Government's main agenda is to press on with the civil nuclear deal, prioritizing it over serial blasts in major Indian cities which can cripple the economy already burdened with double digit inflation.
So,what next? Where are they gonna strike next? Who amongst us will survive? Is my family safe? The State of India is almost failing to provide the most basic & important aspect of an independent nation, safety of her citizen from external and internal threats. Do we really want ( read need) a corrupted parliamentary democracy which is failing to save our lives or we need something else in this hour of crisis.

No comments:

About de Archer

My photo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Pictographic evidence of motorcycle travels in India.

eXplore

Google