This blog is an online expression of my thoughts, about my country and how my life revolves around her. The dream to live here forever and involve myself to make a change about things which matter to me. My love for motorcycles and touring my country on them. My passion for being in the midst of people who make up our country.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Loyalty Rights

There is a familiarly strange thing happening in the travel club that I am a founding member and online moderator . A few of the old timers have not been having a smooth sailing with the club's functioning and activity despite our best efforts. I do not own the club and neither run it, my role is limited to umbrella suggestions, online moderation of the club's forums and an active off-line participant in the various club activities. While I have no business if some members are not happy with the club, what I do not understand is bad mouthing the club in public which they are still a part of. Its a voluntary two-way association that every member has with the club, no body is under a contract to become or stay a member. Its funny and weird when people shy away from standing up and getting counted when needed, bad mouthing the club in front of its founding members and then wanting the limelight which comes from being a member. I do not take my online existence seriously, but seemingly a lot of people cannot separate their real life and virtual existence. While one of these members is a dear friend of mine, others are no demons themselves. I hope everyone concerned realizes the unfortunate eventuality in advance and act accordingly else we would keep the "Happy Ending" bit in the closet only.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To post or not to post is not the question.

What is the question, is the purpose being achieved by this vague post that seemingly seems direct, but stops short of actually citing actions/issues or even people.

Of course, FWIW, yours truly is one such person. However, shifting gears is not the same thing as breaking them. The river always finds its flow, even though it may not be what you intended :)

Archeriostichaos said...

That was meant for people who would cling on to something which they publicly dismiss as something for which they give nothing than a dead rat's bottom. I know for a fact that you are not one of them and hence I will not digg into this matter any further. The point have been made in a subtle manner and it will remain that way. And it really DOESNOT matter what I intended, I just write what I feel about anything. Bring on the room refreshner now :)

About de Archer

My photo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Pictographic evidence of motorcycle travels in India.

eXplore

Google