This blog is an online expression of my thoughts, about my country and how my life revolves around her. The dream to live here forever and involve myself to make a change about things which matter to me. My love for motorcycles and touring my country on them. My passion for being in the midst of people who make up our country.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

NCR - National Calamity Territory

90% of the properties in NCR (including Delhi) have a hugely (and obscenely) inflated price tag attached to them and people have bought them taking 20 year bank loans while working in BPOs, Call Centres, IT Sector and other non stable jobs. An Indian sub prime meltdown in the making? The 2 BHKs and 3 BHKs in Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad and Faridabad are worth zilch ( not more than 10-12 lacs) due to the lack of basic infrastructure like power, drinking water, safe neighbourhood and usable public transport but take a look at their price tags.

There is no short term or long term solution to NCR power woes, come 2010 with the Common Wealth Games, Delhi will be brightened up 24/7 leaving the surrounding suburbs of Faridabad and Ghaziabad in darkness. Delhi doesnt have the water resources to produce its own power(hydel), neither its interested in alternative sources like solar power.

No comments:

About de Archer

My photo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Pictographic evidence of motorcycle travels in India.

eXplore

Google